Dear Parents and Guardians
Welcome back to the Summer Term. We hope you and your families have had a super Easter Break and enjoyed the lovely weather.
We have some news to share for the coming term.
Uniform: We shall be changing supplier soon as some of the current stock has been discontinued. The new uniform will available to buy online form the end of June. We will continue to supply what we can however the summer dresses for the juniors are available from Marks and Spencer’s. Please see Su for uniform and Mr Blackler for any PE kit. Junior boys can wear shorts and the junior girls can wear the summer dresses this term. Senior girls can wear white blouses without ties. All current new uniform has been dramatically reduced in price, should you need any new items urgently.
Music and Drama: Miss Abbott will be concentrating on her GCSE students in the near future therefore we are delighted to introduce Miss Audra, who will be taking over the teaching of music and drama to the junior children. She will offer a ‘Let’s Sing’ club for the junior children and will be involved with Miss Christley in the directing and creating of the Junior Summer Play. Miss Audra was trained as a dancer at Pamela De Waal School of dance and was a member of B.O.A.D.S. – a local operatic society. She has been writing and directing for over 20 years and will have wealth of experience to offer the children. This term will be a transition period and Miss Abbott and Miss Audra will be working together. Miss Abbott will still be leading the Chamber Choirs.
P.E. & Games – We are delighted to announce that Mrs Emily Gomez who is known to many of us through her work at Bays Bouncers has now joined the staff and will be delivering PE & Games in both the Juniors and Seniors. Mrs Gomez offers a wealth of experience in Gymnastics and Netball and we are particularly excited about her further developing girls’ sport within the school in the coming terms.
Digital Detox: This term Years 1 to 8 will be embracing the Digital Detox week and we will be setting the children some challenges over the next few weeks to include the completion of a project and an exhibition of our results. There will be a separate letter with further details.
It is a very busy term – here are some dates for your diary. Further details will be sent where none are as yet supplied.
– Monday 24th April – start of Years 7&8 Exam Week
– Tuesday 25th April – Miss Abbott will be taking the Chamber Choir for a singing performance at the Esplanade Hotel.
– Monday 1st May – May Day Bank Holiday
– Tuesday 2nd May – Junior Train Trip to Teignmouth to introduce our Digital Project. Thank you to those of you who have paid last term. If you haven’t yet or would like us to send you another letter then do please get in touch.
– Monday 8th May – SATs week for Year 6 and Digital Detox week. The children may be set some diary keeping or research exercises over this time.
– Monday 15th May – Digital Detox Project week.
– Monday 15th May – Years 7&8 Reports issued.
– Wednesday 17th May – Years 7&8 Parent/Teachers Meetings 3:30-6:00pm and Senior ZOO-NATION Workshop
– Friday 19th May – Exhibition of finished Digital Detox projects for parents from Years 1 to 8.
– Wednesday 24th May – Years 5&6 Athletics & Rounders vs St Christopher’s School (Away) – Help with transport would be greatly appreciated. Please contact Mr Blackler or Su if you can help.
- Friday 26th May – Yr 6 Enterprise Assembly – Parents welcome.
Break up for half term and past pupils and parents/staff football and netball games to be held with refreshments back at school.
– Monday 5th June – Thursday 8th June – Yr 5 Bikeability course. Lessons as normal for those not taking part
- Friday 9th June – Yr 6 Transition Assembly – Parents welcome
- Monday 12th June – Years 9&10 Exam Week
– Friday 16th June – Whole school fundraising – Macmillan Dancing Day and Junior entertainment evening
– Wednesday 21st June – WholeSchool Sport Day
– Thursday 22nd June – Years 3&4 Athletics & Rounders at St Christopher’s
- Friday 23rd June – Junior Play
- Monday 26th June – Junior Triathlon with St Christopher’s School at ClennonValley
– Wednesday 28th June – Whole School Prom Night
– Thursday 29th June – Junior Reports
- Friday 30th June – Ed Fest South West – school will be closed – all parents welcome for tickets https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/saving-our-planet-one-school-at-a-time-tickets-33693722832?aff=es2#tickets
- Monday 3rd July – School (House) Swimming Gala
- Wednesday 5th July – Years 9&10 Parent/Teachers Meetings
- Thursday 6th July – Junior Parent Teacher Meetings
- Friday 7th July – Summer Fete
- Sunday 9th July – Wednesday 12th July – Year 5/6 residential trip and Activity Week for the rest of Juniors – (starting from Monday)
- Monday 10th July – Seniors Enrichment Week
- Thursday 13th July – Junior Trip
- Friday 14th July – Last day of Term and Speech Day
Please contact us using the office email if you have any queries, thoughts or concerns about the coming term.
Senior Leadership Team
Tower House School, Fisher Street, PAIGNTON, TQ4 5EW Tel: 01803 557077
www.towerhouseschool.com email: email@example.com